Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I's Ben

If you've worked in a bookstore (I have), you know what an "is-ben" is. You can probably rattle a few off, especially if they ever had anything to do with Oprah and a bookclub. An ISBN is the number that every store in the world uses to classify a book. It's the International Standard Book Number, and it's kind of like having your thesis on file with MLA somewhere. It's the SSN for your book.

And I have one.

Granted, the book's not listed for distribution anywhere, but it has gone to print. And I have seen the full cover and back blurb (hee), including a price and an ISBN. Nothing I've ever written had an ISBN before. This, the full cover PDF and the final proof (e-proof), is my real book. And I know I've said it before, but...

OMGWTFBBQ where's the polar bear?

I HAVE A BOOK! And you can all buy it in September.

It's even listed on the website! And I'll post the back blurb in the next couple days. Can't throw too much at you at once. *eg*

No comments: